Financial Analyst III
Employment Type: Full-Time
* Conducts special studies to analyze complex financial transactions and prepares recommendations for policy, procedure, control, or action.
* Analyzes financial information to assess present and future financial performance.
* Identifies financial and economic trends and recommends improvements accordingly.
* Establishes and maintains databases of pertinent information for use in analyzing future plans and forecasts.
* Makes recommendations to management regarding cost saving or profit generating opportunities and profitability improvement strategies.
* Coordinates with all levels of management to gather, analyze, summarize, and prepare recommendations regarding financial plans, acquisition activity, new business planning, trended future requirements, government requirements, and operating forecasts.
* Monitors and updates management on financial markets and other economic developments.
* Prepares materials and presents at periodic Pricing Committee and Asset Liability Management Committee (ALCO) meetings.
* Manages ALCO software package, to include: data input, assumption management, report generation, result validation, and system updates.
* Performs ALCO and other financial modeling in connection with various 'what-if' scenarios.
* Monitors financial performance of peer banks.
* Assists managers throughout the Company in various financial analyses.
* Participates in analysis of merger and acquisition opportunities, including financial modeling and due diligence.
This position reports to the assigned manager in the Finance Department
Education & Experience
* Bachelor Degree in Finance, Accounting or other Business related field.
* 5+ years' experience in Finance related field, banking a plus.
* MBA or Masters a plus
Knowledge & Skills
* Heavy financial modeling experience; understanding of accounting, economic and finance principles.
* Ability to work under limited supervision and direction while managing multiple priorities.
* Knowledge in financial management and analysis.
* Knowledge of bank operations, products and services.
* Advanced analytical and problem solving skills.
* Excellent leadership, organizational, interpersonal, verbal and communication skills.
* Team-oriented. Project management experience.
* Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office to include Excel, Word, and Powerpoint.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran. We maintain a drug-free workplace.