Operations Management Trainee
Employment Type: Full-Time
Our Operations Management Trainee position could be just the spot to start your career with XTRA Lease. If you have a college degree, a passion for helping customers and want lots of variety in your day, this job could be a good fit for you. And don't worry, you don't have to be a trailer expert when you start - we'll teach you! Then once you're trained, you're eligible for a promotion to Operations Manager, in charge of customer service and vendor management at your own branch.
As an Operations Management Trainee your typical day would include:
* Serving customers like PepsiCo and FedEx when they need trailers, helping to determine their equipment needs, and explaining all our trailer-rental options.
* Inspecting trailers using a hand-held device which includes checking for damage or equipment problems inside and underneath the trailer.
* Managing customer accounts including helping with credit and collections.
* Verifying customer insurance coverage.
* Assigning repair work to vendors and XTRA Lease trailer mechanics.
* Using technology to perform inventories, manage equipment, and other operational tasks.
As an Operations Management Trainee, you'll need good technology skills and enjoy interacting with lots of different personalities. And the people who succeed as Operations Assistants are self-motivated, smart, and conscientious. They have a strong work ethic and like new challenges. It's also important for you to have excellent verbal and written communication skills. You will receive extensive training in all aspects of our business followed by ongoing safety training and certifications. Since we prefer to promote from within, you'll also receive mentoring to prepare you to promote to the next level. Your hard work and professional dedication will earn rewards of a competitive compensation package that includes full benefits.
XTRA Lease is the leader in the truck-trailer rental industry in North America. We're not truckers, but we're proud to support the transportation industry. For more than 50 years, our team has focused on providing 'the box' to trucking companies that supply manufacturing plants, grocery stores, and distribution centers with the products used in daily life. And as a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we have the financial backing to support our customers, and give our employees a level of stability that's hard to beat!