Swim Team Lead Coach
Employment Type: Full-Time
* Provide excellent member service. Create a positive program environment with encouragement, goal setting and positive reinforcement.
* Maintain positive communications between YMCA Leadership, Coaches, Program Staff, and Swim Team Parents.
* Organize, facilitate, delegate, coordinate Parent Volunteers with meetings, Meets and Team activities.
* Create a positive program environment with encouragement, goal setting and positive reinforcement. Support in all development of the swim team program while providing a program that is culturally balanced and fits the needs of the Community. Design and deliver practice sessions that teach competitive swimming stroke skills and train swimmers in preparation for competition.
* Assist the Aquatic Leadership with other duties as assigned for the organization. Actively Promote and Co-Lead with the Aquatic Directors, the Swim-a-Thon open to Swim Team members and Branch members for the purpose of YMCA Annual Campaign essential to YMCA community.
* Minimum age of 21.
* A minimum of three years of competitive swimming coaching and/or instructional experience.
* Must be knowledgeable in a variety of techniques; be flexible, patient, enthusiastic and well organized
* Ability to complete certifications in CPR, First Aid, Lifeguarding, Coaches Safety Training for Swim Coaches as well as Principles of YMCA Competitive Swimming & Diving within six months of employment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.