Branch Business Manager/Kirkwood/Full Time/Admin
Employment Type: Full-Time
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Serves as the liaison between the branch and the Association office/Metro business office with regard to all financial transactions. Ensures all business procedures are followed at the branch.
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
The Gateway Region YMCA strictly follows a zero tolerance policy regarding child abuse.
* Manages branch accounts receivable. Ensures daily deposits of all cash.
* Recruits, trains, and supervises assigned staff and volunteers.
* Reviews the daily cash reconciliation. Reviews and follow ups on returned checks and bank drafts.
* Assists branch staff and serves as the point person at the branch for software and business questions. Models relationship-building skills) in all interactions.
* Coordinates month-end closing and reviews the branch financial statements. Assists branch staff in annual budget development.
* Oversees office functions such as petty cash, office equipment and supplies, etc.
* Manages purchasing of supplies and equipment for the branch.
* Reviews payroll related transactions for accuracy and completeness. May assist new employees with on-boarding processes.
* Coordinates and supports assigned aspects of the annual support campaign at the branch.
* May provide administrative support to the branch executive director.
* Performs all other duties as assigned.
* Mission Advancement
* Operational Effectiveness
* Personal Growth
* Bachelor's degree preferred
* Two years or more years related business management or office management experience preferred.
* Understanding of basic accounting concepts and applications including cash reconciliation, accounts receivable, and accounts payable.
* Experience with standard business software and office machines.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
* The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee maybe required to use a computer and be able to communicate using a computer or electronic device.
* The employee frequently is required to sit and reach, and must be able to move around the work environment.
* The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust.
* The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.