Employment Type: Full-Time
Responsible for the development and communication of YRCW's vision and strategy for the Customer Service Centers. This position objective is to meet and exceed goals by satisfying customers and profitably growth business. Manage a portfolio of services by utilizing excellent, in-depth knowledge of company products and programs as well as team members within the Customer Service Departments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Direct all aspects of the Customer Service Centers including call management, revenue, facility management, profit growth, and customer service and satisfaction.
* Lead efforts to hire, develop, retain, engage and improve productivity of employees through a commitment to training, performance management and professional development.
* Responsible for the implementation and evaluation of all customer support activities and procedures.
* Informs management of service issues that arise from problems identified from customer service.
* Develops and implements procedures concerning customer correspondence and the processing of customer complaints.
* Manage the centers in such a way as to compliment the efforts of all company customer service centers, creating a virtual team with like goals.
* Thorough understanding of all human resource guidelines.
* Capable of leading a team in a Teamster's environment including an understanding of the Contract and experience working through the 'grievance proceedings'.
* Building Organizational Talent - Establishing systems and processes to attract, develop, engage, and retain talented individuals; creating a work environment where people can realize their full potential, thus allowing the organization to meet current and future business challenges.
* Ability to lead a team on a journey that creates positive Customer Experiences at every contact.
* Creating a Culture of Trust - Fostering a work environment that encourages people to act with integrity and treat each other and their ideas with respect; creating and protecting a high-trust environment by setting an example, advocating for others in the face of challenges, removing barriers to trust, and rewarding others for demonstrating behaviors that cultivate trust.
* Driving Execution - Translating strategic priorities into operational reality; aligning communication, accountabilities, resource capabilities, internal processes, and ongoing measurement systems to ensure that strategic priorities yield measurable and sustainable results.
* Establishing Strategic Direction - Establishing and committing to a long-term business direction based on an analysis of systemic information and consideration of resources, market drivers, organizational values, and emerging economic, technological, and regulatory conditions.
* Influencing - Using effective involvement and persuasion strategies to gain acceptance of ideas and commitment to actions that support specific work outcomes.
* Leading Change - Driving organizational and cultural changes needed to achieve strategic objectives; catalyzing new approaches to improve results by transforming organizational culture, systems, or products/services; helping others overcome resistance to change.
* Resolving Conflict - Helping others deal effectively with an antagonistic situation to minimize damage to the relationships and promote shared goals; using appropriate interpersonal methods to reduce tension or conflict between two or more people and facilitate agreement.
* Bachelor's degree in Business, Logistics or related area.
* Eight (8) years of Customer Service experience including Six (6) years supervisory experience.
* Strong record of revenue generation responsibilities and results required.
* Record of developing and maintaining key business relationships and internal and external groups required.
* Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to motivate performance and resolve conflict.
* Thorough understanding of transportation industry, and LTL.
* Proven ability to lead by example, build a great team and deliver results.
* MBA in Business, Logistics or related fields.
This job operates in a professional office environment indoors. Routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers and filing cabinets.
The position requires the ability to spend long hours sitting or standing while using office equipment and computers. Ability to perform repetitive tasks such as typing and keying. Occasional lifting, pushing/pulling, carrying 10 lbs of supplies and materials is required.
YRC Worldwide, along with all subsidiary companies, are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer