IT Business System Analyst - RTR
Employment Type: Full-Time
IT Financial Business Systems Analyst
We are looking for a person who thrives in a multi-project, fast paced and fun environment. To succeed as part of this team, you should be a talented and experienced business systems analyst with a strong background in implementing finance SaaS applications. As an IT Financial Business Systems Analyst within the Finance Apps team, you will have a variety of responsibilities, including managing our order to cash process, work with finance and accounting on account reconciliations, building and implementing functionality and improvements on our ERP systems.
What you get to do every day:
* Partner closely with the Revenue and Finance organizations to transform business needs into high quality and scalable systems to foster Zendesk's dynamic growth.
* Manage finance system impact of quote to cash activities to our ERP and accounting systems on Zuora, RevPro, Netsuite, and Blackline.
* Assist Finance and accounting team on month-end close activities and reconciliations.
* Build out systems and processes that further automates accounting activities and help reduce days to close.
* Expect to get your hands into the details - this role will be working directly with users to gather requirements, implement, test and deploy new features on a regular basis.
* Quickly learn new technologies, think out-of-the-box to find creative solutions, and communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences.
* Work in our best-of-breed finance applications infrastructure, including Salesforce, Zuora, RevPro, NetSuite, Blackline, and other market leading SaaS application providers.
What you bring to the role:
* Proven track record of having implemented, enhanced and supported enterprise class systems - which includes planning, analysis and design, configuration, development, data migrations, system testing, cutover plan, and production support.
* Strong knowledge of overall finance and operational business processes, with in-depth knowledge of Quote-to-Cash processes preferred.
* Strong knowledge of finance and accounting practices, managing a chart of accounts, multiple subsidiary structures, currencies, and the impacts of invoicing, payments, and credits on the general ledger.
* Solid understanding of IT processes, including SDLC and change management.
* Demonstrable ability to work autonomously, manage and lead small to medium projects or parts of larger programs requiring program management involvement.
* High level of intellectual curiosity to understand the current state, identify issues and provide solutions, while advising on potential positive and negative implications of decisions.
* At least one to three years experience with managing a subscription billing application, and SaaS based ERP.
* Experience with Zuora, RevPro, Netsuite, or Blackline preferred.
* Experience with agile scrum methodologies and working collaboratively with a scrum team preferred.
* Experience with SOX compliance processes is a plus.
* BS/BA or equivalent work experience.
About Zendesk - Champions of Customer Service
Zendesk started the customer experience revolution in 2007 by enabling any business around the world to take their customer service online. Today, Zendesk is the champion of great service everywhere for everyone, and powers billions of conversations, connecting more than 100,000 logos with hundreds of millions of customers over telephony, chat, email, messaging, social channels, communities, review sites and help centers. Zendesk products are built with love to be loved. The company was conceived in Copenhagen, Denmark, built and grown in California, taken public in New York City, and today employs more than 4,000 people across the world. Learn more at www.zendesk.com.
We believe in service. Learn more about how we provide support to our local communities with volunteering, grants and product donations.
Zendesk is an equal opportunity employer, and we're proud of our ongoing efforts to foster global diversity, equity, & inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment and employees at Zendesk are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer. If you are based in the United States and would like more information about your EEO rights under the law, please click here.
Zendesk endeavors to make reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities and disabled veterans pursuant to applicable federal and state law. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to submit this application, complete any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participate in the employee selection process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with your specific accommodation request.
By submitting your application, you agree that Zendesk may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. Zendesk's Candidate Privacy Notice explains what personal information Zendesk may process, where Zendesk may process your personal information, its purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over Zendesk's use of your personal information.